Monday, April 19, 2010

I thought I knew everything there was to know about...

Today I found out that I did not know everything about someone, I thought I knew everything about. I was shocked to find out that My sweet, righteous mother smoked while she was in college. I can not even imagine my mother smoking. How did I found out? She told Debbie a long time ago. Do I believe it? Unfortunately I do. Does it change how I feel about her? absolutely not. Is she still the most righteous person I have ever known? Yes.

Although it shocks me, in some ways it explains alot of things about her. She was always tolerent of people who's standards were beneath hers. She never judged anyone for doing anything.

I remember that her older sister ( My Aunt) smoked and I couldn't figure out how that came to be. They were raised in a LDS home with two returned missionaries for parents. I'm guessing when they moved out of their home to go to college perhaps they succombed to peer pressure that they didn't have in high school. Smoking was probably the cool thing to do.

I knew that she didn't go to church while she was going to college, so It kind of makes sense. Debbie said she quit when she got prenant with Diane . ( Thank goodness) then when debbie was a baby they were re activated and sealed in the Temple.

My mom has the strongest testimony of anyone I have ever met. Her faith never waivered. She is semi responsible for raising 7 children who have testimonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment