Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's late . . .

It's late and my fingers hurt, (I clipped and nipped a bit too much) so this will have to be short. I went to the FHC tonight to work my shift and I did exactly that. I helped an elderly woman find some records of her ancestors. It was fun. I love it. I have my own to find, but now it's getting a bit difficult, so I've been helping other's find theirs. She said she had been "praying for help" and I believe the Lord sent me to her. I love working at this calling. I try and work at least once a week because it is my calling and I don't want to not serve. (Even in the summer when we are not teaching. ) I love finding people who are as motivated as I am to to find these people.

I read in Brion's priesthood manual last week that until the spirits who have gone before us hav e recieved the ordinances they are in spirit prison. After they accept the gosple and the ordinances they go to paradise. I need to keep searching for MY ancestors.

When I get back from California I will begin working on My Ancestors again. Yes, I'm on my way to Grandpa's. I dread it, yet look forward to it and once I get there I can't wait to get home all at he same time Not wanting to leave. Each time I go I wonder if this will be my last trip. I'm going to 11 days this time. I don't know why I agreed to do that. Not just agreed, but it was my idea. Oh Well.

Everything else is going good. Brion is busy at work, Jackie and George are fixing up their house Tami is coming home next week from BYU Idaho, Kristin is working and will start BYU in the fall, Nicole is coming home from Hawaii next week and has a serious boyfriend that I think is the one she will marry, Michelle has been reading Harry Potter non stop this summer. Ozzy and lady are just wild. Well Lady is anyway, she bullies Ozzy when I'm not looking by taking his toys, attacking him when he is eating cause she wants HIS dog food, Attacking him when he is done with his food and she catches him looking at hers, She attacks him when we give him attention, and she attacks him just for fun. But oddly enough, I love her and I think he does too.

Cancer is still staying at bay. He told me before if it doesn't come back in 2 to 3 years than it wont. Last time I was in his office he said 3 - 5 years. It's been almost 2 years. Everything looks good so I guess I need to hold my breath for 3 more years. Well I better run. I have to go to the Chiropractor tomorrow to see if he can move this rib that is out back into place. He tried unsuccessfully today.

No comments:

Post a Comment