Friday, December 11, 2009

It's beginning to look alto like Christmas...

OK, I am finally in the Christmas spirit. Of course along with it came my compulsion to sew everyone a ton of home made gifts. I go through this every year. I have tried to ban my self from sewing in the month of December, but actually, December is really the only time I feel motivated to sew ( sew everyone I love a ton of homemade gifts) I only complete a fraction of what I begin. I always begin by buying Fabric. Beautiful, colorful, on-sale Christmas fabric. I do have a fetish, and Christmas fabric is it. I do love all types of fabric, but Christmas fabric is my favorite. I love it more than anything. I would rather buy it than clothes, home furnishing, jewelry. I keep boxes of it (All projects that I planned on making but never finished, or even started for that matter) I really get great enjoyment from fabric. ha ha ha.

What usually happens is I start projects and always want to get them embroidered, but the lady I take them to has to have them by a certain date, so right from the start I begin to get stressed out to finish. And then I can't just make one of anything. If I gave one to one of my brothers or sisters or daughters it just wouldn't be nice and someones feelings would get hurt so I have to make whatever I make for everyone. The only problem is I have 2 sisters, 4 brothers and 5 daughters.

Last year in the middle of the worst time of my life. (sicker than a dog from Chemo) I decided had to make Christmas pillow cases for Cassandra Sisco's brothers and sisters. I had to. I don't know why but I really wanted to . I think I told her I would the year before. ( I'm sure she wasn't expecting them especially under the circumstances)But I had to do it, So I did. and I finished them to get to the embroidery lady and sent them overnight mail so they would have them by Christmas.

2 years ago I started a rag quilt for Brion's parents thinking I would finish it for that Christmas.
Well, Guess who might get it this Christmas.??

Thanksgiving, of last year. (Again sicker than a dog) decided I had to make thanksgiving aprons for my girls. I could barely sit up in bed, but I wanted to make them anyway. Giving into my condition, I realized It just wasn't gonna happen. Thankfully, Kristin, came to my rescue and finished them up. In fact she probably did more than me.

So to bring us up to date .... It is December 11, and where do you think I was this morning??? That's right the fabric store in find the perfect fabric for Christmas Aprons. Not just one store but 2. Then I came home to look on line for just the right fabric. You would think all the Christmas Fabric I have that I would be able find something to make aprons from. Oh no,
I can't make Christmas aprons out of just any old fabric, it has to be something that goes along with Christmas cooking, and they all have to coordinate, and none can be cuter than the other,
I drive my self crazy. So I found 2 that would work, now I'm off to search Davis County for 3 more 3/4 of a yard pieces. Then I will have to find just the right coordinating fabric. It not only has to coordinate, it has to match perfectly. I get great joy out of my finished project when it
looks wonderful. So as I was driving around from store to store, I realized that I may not finish them this year, and that was OK, because I realized I get great enjoyment just in the planning stage. I have declined the inclination to make them Christmas Pillow cases and quilts, (It did enter my mind).

I know that I want to do this more than anyone really wants them, but that is OK. I do it for those I love and I really enjoy it. So, I am just going to enjoy this process instead of letting it stress the H___ out of me. I may or may not finish and that is OK. There is always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment