Friday, January 1, 2010

Post Christmas

Today is January 1st. And yes I did not finish any projects but I enjoyed thinking about and planning them. And I did not finish the quilt. It's pretty, and my kids wanted me to make it for us, and buy them one. So we did. I may try and finish them during the year. Although it's hard to stay in the Christmas spirit all year and I kind of have to stay in the Christmas spirit to do Christmas projects. Anyway. I did get all the fabric for the Aprons. I had to get it off the Internet for 3 of them. It is all gingerbread. ! I sent away for Santa Aprons for Brion and George, which came in and were Children's sizes. Boo. So I will return them and make them Santa Aprons for them. In fact I may make everyone Aprons for Christmas. (Here I go....) Any way, I may go to the Clearance Christmas Fabric sales . Last time I bought over a hundred dollars worth. So, maybe not.

I went to California to take care of my Dad. Gary needed to get away. It was a bummer cause it was Nicole's birthday, but I felt I should go. As bad as this sounds, it's time for my dad to be released from this life. I know that is not my decision but his life is hell. The only time he is happy is when he is scheming to buy a car and go back to work. Right now his feet have such bad pressure sores on them that he is in jeopardy of loosing them. He just is not in his right mind and it is driving everyone out of theirs. Anyway, I am just going to pray about it. I love my Dad. He was a great father and taught us Christ like behavior by his example. He is the most unselfish person I have ever known. He gave his whole life for his family. he gave his time, money and energy for us. he wanted nothing for himself. If that's not Christ like, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment